March 14th, 2009
|09:39 pm - Twitter|
Again, if any of you that I haven't connected with have a Twitter, let me know. I'm @kcklo63. It's really what I check all the time now.
December 11th, 2006
August 3rd, 2006
|11:04 pm - Write?|
It's funny when people take time to work with me on my writing it makes so much more sense. I think I am a good writer, but I can be a bit wordy and need to work on punchier sentences. Finally, editors are working with me and explaining things, not just letting me flounder. Just a few tips will make my writing so much better.
And my layout is pretty good for just picking it back up. It's all about shaking off the rust.
August 25th, 2005
|09:50 pm - Broke as a joke|
Man, it's tough to get ahead. It seems as though with Renee and I, once one of us starts making money, they other slows down on making money. If we ever are making money together, we will be pretty darn comfortable. Right now we are just scraping by and we both hate it. It sucks not being able to do what we want or even anything that costs any kind of money. Once Renee gets kids for the daycare, we will be good to go. But she has had three different people cancel on her, so lets hope some business comes her way.
Otherwise life is fine. Work is fine, but super slow. I have helped a grand total of zero people in the past three days. And there is no internet, so I am bored out of my mind. I am learning the lowdown on the staff at the bank and trying to figure out people's quirks.
So tell me something new people.
August 22nd, 2005
August 17th, 2005
|12:07 pm - Decision|
Well, for the past day and a half I have been againizing over a job offer I got. I have been working at the bank and I like it. Well, a newspaper about a half hour north of where I live offered me a job as a sports writer. It paid a little bit more, but that cost would be eaten up by gas.
Well, basically I was weighing the two jobs. And to make a long agonizing decision short, I chose the bank. The reasons why: the ability to have a normal family and social life, the hours are better, the ability to freelance for a much better known paper and the room for upward advancement.
Sure, I know it's passing up a journalism job, but I had to do what I felt was best. It was a really hard decision, but I think I made the right one. But I was pulling my hair out. Why couldn't all of this come much earlier?
And again, Happy Birthday to Gwyn, who turns 1 today. Unbelievable!
August 16th, 2005
August 8th, 2005
|09:37 pm - Billy's|
- How come when Gwyn wears a white t-shirt, she always gets dirty and looks like white trash. It's no fail that the white t-shirt attracts every piece of dirt known to man. She's really not dirty at all, the damn shirt just likes the dirt.
- Had a good weekend down at my dad's. Was good to have grandparents of all sorts down there. Gwynie was loving all of the attention. I got to play a lot of golf, which was also pretty damn fun. I don't know, but if you have ever played golf and hit one good shot, it's impossible not to be hooked for life.
- Renee has become quite the little housework maven. Since I have been working she has been way up on the housework and she has made our house quite nice. I don't think she knows how much I appreciate her, but she makes me glad to come home every single day.
- Carlos Mencia is actually pretty funny. I didn't have high expectations for his show, but it's actually pretty funny.
- Any good new music recomendations kiddies?
August 4th, 2005
|10:54 pm - Life|
- Well don't know if I mentioned yet, and I don't really feel like going back and checking, but I am now a working fool again. I am working as a customer service rep for a local bank. The job doesn't pay great, I have to wear a tie every day, but it's not that bad. The people are really friendly, it's not too hard at all and it's pretty good hours. I'm doing a lot of training right now, learning how to open accounts, about other types of loans, CD's, etc.
Basically, we need the money and the bank was the first person to want to hire me. Oddly enough a paper that is a bit of a drive interviewed me for an assistant sports editor (don't let that fool you, it's a staff of two) position. I would be surprised if they offered me enough to go work there, but we shall see, because I think they liked me. But it is nice to be making some money again.
- Going down to my dad's for the weekend tomorrow. We'll be playing in my dad's softball league Friday night and then a golf tournament on Saturday. On Sunday Gwyn is getting baptized. I know, I know, how is the kid of an athiest getting baptized. Well, my dad really wanted her to do it and I know it means a lot to him, so I said they could do what they want. Gwyn will be raised to listen to what every religion is about and what they aren't about and she will be able to make her own choice. So Renee's Dad and stepmom, as well as her grandma and grandpa are coming down for the event. So it will at least be good to have everyone together to have fun together.
- Wu Tang Financial says " You gotta deverisfy your bonds, nigga!"
- How is it that John Stewart and The Daily Show continually makes so much sense. Like tonight they played all the clips from the news channels talking about how that Air France crash was a miracle. He went on to say that it wasn't in fact a miracle, it was a good job by the pilots, the passengers and the rescue people. What happened to giving PEOPLE the credit. Well isn't this my argument for most of the things religious people do. Uh yeah!!!!! That's one of the biggest problems I have, not giving people credit and giving the credit to some mythical figure.
- Oh and by the way, the head is now shaved.
August 2nd, 2005
|07:55 am - BIRTHDAY!|
Happy Birthday to my beautiful wife, friend, lover and rock Renee. Love ya old lady.